Join us as we highlight "Saving Kane"! and Author Michele Rakes


 Saving Kane 
by Michele Micheal Rakes

Greetings Bikers!  We have a treat for you today.  Below is a highlight and review for "Saving Kane" by Michele Micheal Rakes.  We were also fortunate enough to get a character interview.  If you enjoy it, let us know!  Also don't forget tonight we are going to have a sit down with Michele on our FaceBook Event.  We hope you will join us!




Saving Kane 
review by Becky

(Summary)
A twenty-something paramedic suffering from PTSD and a failing relationship with his high school sweetheart becomes embroiled in the tragic life of a young, gay man brutally beaten, raped, and left for dead. 

Kane Abel can’t help falling for his caregiver, the handsome paramedic who saves his life, but he’s resistant. The one time Kane threw caution to the wind, he was left with a wired jaw and a tracheostomy. He can’t take much more hurt. But with his attacker’s promise to return, Kane lives in a constant state of fear, and with the ever-present paramedic, arousal. 

Garrett Young struggles with the question of his sexuality, unable to get Kane out of his mind even as he fights against the demise of his long-time engagement with his girlfriend Amanda. Every day is complicated by his ongoing battle with PTSD and alcoholism, compounded by his fear for Kane’s life.

 Saving Kane @ Loose-id

Here's what our Becky thought!

"Once I could stop staring at the insanely hot cover, this book totally engrossed me from the first line. To start a book the way the author did is just genius! You get sucked into the story line and feel for Kane right from the start, this lovely, broken man is so strong, and deserves a love like the one he longs for. You will have your emotions all over the place as Garrett struggles with himself, and Kane struggles with the world, and the threats of a mad man! Buy it people, you won't be sorry, thanks Michele for a book from your heart! " 
                                                                      *4.5 Stars* 



Character Interview!!

Our very own Becky got to throw a few questions at Kane and Garrett!  We hope you enjoy these boys. 


1. I have to ask this question Kane, how could you work for a douche like Eddie? He makes my skin crawl!

“I’m sorry for laughing. Eddie isn’t really that bad.”
“Yes he is.”
“Shut up, it’s my question to answer, not yours. You’ll have your turn. Anyway, he was just posturing that night because of you.”
“So the naked guy was just office furniture?”
“The look on your face.”
“Yeah, laugh it up until I get you home.”
“Oh, what’ll you do to me?”
“I’ll cook.”
“Um, anyway, back to the question. With Eddie, I had a road to legitimate work. I didn’t want handouts from Momma Beulah.”
“Like you could stop her.”

2. Garrett- I love Bette. How lucky are you that you won the big sister lottery?! I imagine life would have been a lot harder without her.

“I’m not so sure now, her and Kane are always in cahoots. They gang up on me.”
“Don’t be such a baby. You know what you look like all buff and handsome with that wine coming from your mouth?”
“Pot roast. I’m gonna make pot roast.”
“Please don’t. For the betterment of humanity, stay out of the kitchen.”
“Yeah, sure. Bette’s complicated. I probably didn’t lean on her as much as I should, but when I got older and bigger, all I wanted to do was protect her. I couldn’t do that being weak. Looking back on things now, I know she was the one holding me together. Hell, my entire family moved out here for me. When your family moves with you, it must mean something. I was just too busy drinking and trying to pretend I was normal.”
“I wouldn’t love you if you were normal.”

3. Kane- Along the same line as Garrett's question, I love Beulah, how important has her influence been in your life?

“Oh good lord, as Miss Beulah’d say, where do I start? She’s a big ball of fiercesome. Don’t get in her way. With momma, I discovered real family. I mean, when Irus, her nephew was gone. You’d think she’d want me to leave, ya know, because Irus was the reason I was there, but not Beulah. She gave me an apartment. Only condition, I couldn’t work out of it. This was supposed to be my sanctuary. I’d just met Eddie and was sort of seeing a light at the end of a tunnel. Eddie offered me a place to work off the streets and down the line, the opportunity to work legit. At the same time, Miss Beulah gave me a place of my own. Although, I suspected it was so she didn’t have to listen to me and Irus throwing ass at each other.”
“I don’t want to hear about you and Irus throwing ass at each other.”
“You’re so jealous. Irus is my best friend. All water through the sewer now.”

4. Kane- Maddox said you survived your initial attack because you were a fighter, do you feel that way about yourself?

“I would never have thought so back then, but I guess I am, at least I am now. Garrett has me taking self-defense classes. I kick his ass as on a regular basis.”
“I let you win.”

5. Garrett- Let me be candid here, I and I am sure many others, were pulling their hair out with the whole Amanda situation, was it your feelings for her you were conflicted about, or was it that you were attracted to a man, and that scared you?

“I had a lot going on when I was a kid. My dad ignored me, so I tried to get his attention by being the All American kid. I didn’t make it as quarterback, but found I liked hitting people, so they moved me to defense. Still didn’t get his attention. I tried bringing home cheerleaders. Not one blink. One night, I met Amanda at a party. She was lively, funny, and smart. Of course, I got drunk and she drove me home. Dad approved of her, and Bette did, I guess. I grasped at that one moment of approval and clung so tight, I forgot all about myself. Everything became about Amanda. I threw my life into hers, ignoring the signs burning through my head that maybe she wasn’t who I wanted. Being around the guys in the locker room instigated odd feelings inside me, and I figured I’d be better off getting a girlfriend. I had enough going against me with my dad that being gay wasn't something I cared to admit, even to myself. So, I lied. Eventually, I believed the lie. Crack open a beer, and everything becomes normal. I felt normal. It wasn’t a good feeling at all. I just wanted the pain to go away. I just wanted mom back.

6. Kane- I have to ask this one, how satisfying was it to put that prick cop Joe in his place? That was just awesome!! 

“Jesus, Joe had it coming for a long time. It was surreal, but after the fact, I was as so full of energy. Like I was able to erase part of my past and become a better person. Joe was always such a prick. I wasn’t the only one he harassed. A lot of the guys on the streets had to deal with Joe. I felt like I’d finally done something good, ya know?”
“Wanted to beat that guy’s head in, and I still do.”
“Down boy.”

7. Garrett- Here is a strange one, If you could give Kane one experience for the first time, what would that be, and why?

“Kane’s a self-taught dancer. I know he’d love to study ballet, and perform in some big production. He says he’s too old to start now. I’d just love for him to have the opportunity. I took him to The Nutcracker. I watched him. He was enthralled. The rapt expression on his face, his lips partially open, a tiny smile, the way he moved in his seat to the music had me entranced. I cried in the dark watching him fall in love with each performance. The story, the music, the dancers, the entire production had amazed him. Yeah, if I could give him anything in the world, it would be for him to be up there on that stage.
“You missed a great performance.”
“No, I didn’t.”

8. Last one I promise guys, Garrett- Can you pinpoint the exact moment and reason you fell in love with Kane?

“I don’t really know. There was a reason I wanted to be around him. I couldn’t stay away. I didn’t know if it was love, or attraction. All I knew was I wanted to be around him more than I wanted to be around Amanda. I can say I know the exact moment I was afraid to be without him. When I came out of Bette’s hospital room and found him gone. I knew then, I would be willing to kill for him.”


LINKS





http://tinyurl.com/ogrrk9v

No comments:

Post a Comment