WHAT WHO WRITES IS READING WEEK 5: SLOAN JOHNSON


WE ARE SO GLAD TO FEATURE THE OH SO TALENTED SLOAN JOHNSON THIS WEEK FOR WHAT WHO WRITES IS READING, WAIT TILL YOU SEE THE THE BOOKS SHE PICKED! AFTER READING HER POST, I HAD TO HAVE 'EM, I KNOW YOU WILL FEEL THE SAME! LET'S GET STARTED:


SLOAN'S POST:

I’m reasonably certain that the worst question you can ask any avid reader is “What is your favorite book?” Seriously, that’s like asking me which kid is my favorite; both answers will vary depending on the day! That’s why I took the easy way out this time and chose the THIRDS series by Charlie Cochet as my favorite.
I will fully admit that I avoided this series for a long time. Why? Because I’m not much into shifters, so I just KNEW I was going to hate the books, no matter how much everyone else loved them. Then, I picked up Hell & High Water on Audible and loved it so much I had to buy the book because it was taking way too long to listen to. Before I was done with the first book, I bought the second because I didn’t want to have that thirty second delay to go one-click and wait for it to be delivered. Same with the third book. And Oh, my God, I thought the wait for book four was going to kill me!

Those last few sentences are why I chose this series as my favorite. You see, I’m not typically a huge series reader, because too many times they start to fall flat after a while. And when the first four books are all the same couple, it’s rare that the author will hold my attention throughout. That’s truly nothing against authors who write amazing series, and more about my squirrely brain. Charlie has not only managed to hold my attention through four books of Dex and Sloane, but she has me banging my head on the desk, wondering how I’m going to survived until summer when the next books comes out. And you can be sure you will not see me online and I will not be answering my phone when Ash and Cael’s story is released!  

I KNOW YOU ARE INTERESTED NOW, SO HERE ARE THE BOOKS BLURBS AND BUY LINKS SO YOU CAN SEE WHY SHE IS IN LOVE WITH THIS SERIES, I KNOW WHY SHE LOVES THE AUTHOR, SO DO I, I CAN'T WAIT TO DIVE INTO THESE BOOKS!

BOOK 1:


THIRDS: Book One 

When homicide detective Dexter J. Daley’s testimony helps send his partner away for murder, the consequences—and the media frenzy—aren’t far behind. He soon finds himself sans boyfriend, sans friends, and, after an unpleasant encounter in a parking garage after the trial, he’s lucky he doesn’t find himself sans teeth. Dex fears he’ll get transferred from the Human Police Force’s Sixth Precinct, or worse, get dismissed. Instead, his adoptive father—a sergeant at the Therian-Human Intelligence Recon Defense Squadron otherwise known as the THIRDS—pulls a few strings, and Dex gets recruited as a Defense Agent. 

Dex is determined to get his life back on track and eager to get started in his new job. But his first meeting with Team Leader Sloane Brodie, who also happens to be his new jaguar Therian partner, turns disastrous. When the team is called to investigate the murders of three HumaniTherian activists, it soon becomes clear to Dex that getting his partner and the rest of the tightknit team to accept him will be a lot harder than catching the killer—and every bit as dangerous.



BOOK 2:


When a series of bombs go off in a Therian youth center, injuring members of THIRDS Team Destructive Delta and causing a rift between agents Dexter J. Daley and Sloane Brodie, peace seems unattainable. Especially when a new and frightening group, the Order of Adrasteia, appears to always be a step ahead. With panic and intolerance spreading and streets becoming littered with the Order’s propaganda, hostility between Humans and Therians grows daily. Dex and Sloane, along with the rest of the team, are determined to take down the Order and restore peace, not to mention settle a personal score. But the deeper the team investigates the bombings, the more they believe there’s a more sinister motive than a desire to shed blood and spread chaos.

Discovering the frightful truth behind the Order’s intent forces Sloane to confront secrets from a past he thought he’d left behind for good, a past that could not only destroy him and his career, but also the reputation of the organization that made him all he is today. Now more than ever, Dex and Sloane need each other, and, along with trust, the strength of their bond will mean the difference between justice and all-out war.



BOOK 3:


New York City’s streets are more dangerous than ever with the leaderless Order of Adrasteia and the Ikelos Coalition, a newly emerged Therian group, at war. Innocent civilians are caught in the crossfire and although the THIRDS round up more and more members of the Order in the hopes of keeping the volatile group from reorganizing, the members of the Coalition continue to escape and wreak havoc in the name of vigilante justice.

Worse yet, someone inside the THIRDS has been feeding the Coalition information. It’s up to Destructive Delta to draw out the mole and put an end to the war before anyone else gets hurt. But to get the job done, the team will have to work through the aftereffects of the Therian Youth Center bombing. A skirmish with Coalition members leads Agent Dexter J. Daley to a shocking discovery and suddenly it becomes clear that the random violence isn’t so random. There’s more going on than Dex and Sloane originally believed, and their fiery partnership is put to the test. As the case takes an explosive turn, Dex and Sloane are in danger of losing more than their relationship.



BOOK 4:



After an attack by the Coalition leaves THIRDS Team Leader Sloane Brodie critically injured, agent Dexter J. Daley swears to make Beck Hogan pay for what he’s done. But Dex’s plans for retribution are short-lived. With Ash still on leave with his own injuries, Sloane in the hospital, and Destructive Delta in the Coalition’s crosshairs, Lieutenant Sparks isn’t taking any chances. Dex’s team is pulled from the case, with the investigation handed to Team Leader Sebastian Hobbs. Dex refuses to stand by while another team goes after Hogan, and decides to put his old HPF detective skills to work to find Hogan before Theta Destructive, no matter the cost.

With a lengthy and painful recovery ahead of him, the last thing Sloane needs is his partner out scouring the city, especially when the lies—however well-intentioned—begin to spiral out of control. Sloane is all too familiar with the desire to retaliate, but some things are more important, like the man who’s pledged to stand beside him. As Dex starts down a dark path, it’s up to Sloane to show him what’s at stake, and finally put a name to what’s in his heart.



THESE LOOK AWESOME HUH? THANKS SLOAN FOR AN AWESOME POST, AND THANKS CHARLIE, FOR A SERIES I CAN'T WAIT TO SINK MY TEETH INTO! 




AS AN EXTRA LITTLE TREAT, HERE ARE THE LINKS OF THE 3 BOOKS I HAVE REVIEWED BY SLOAN: 





THANKS FOR THE GOOD IDEA SLOAN, LOOK FOR A CHARLIE COCHET REVIEW REALLY SOON! I HAVE READ 2, AND THEY WERE AWESOME!! HAVE A GREAT WEEK FRIENDS! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment