EVADING EXODUS REVIEW!!

HELLO MY FRIENDS, I AM BACK TODAY WITH MY REVIEW OF EVADING EXODUS, SOUTHERN JERSEY SHORES SERIES #2 BY ALEXIS WOODS! I LOVE THIS BOOK, AND THE FIRST IN THE SERIES, OPENING DAY! I HAVE MY REVIEW, BUY LINKS, AN EXCERPT, AND THE LINK TO MY REVIEW OF OPENING DAY, SO YOU CAN TAKE A LOOK! LET'S GET STARTED:



BOY IS THIS THE TRUTH FOR DARE! BAD MEMORIES STIRRED UP FOR SURE! HERE IS MY REVIEW:


                        Evading Exodus (Southern Jersey Shores #2) by: Alexis Woods
                                                                    reviewed by: Becky

Passover is the Jewish festival that commemorates the liberation of the children of Israel under Moses' leadership. It should be a time of joy and excitement for Darren (newly nicknamed Dare), who's meeting his boyfriend's, Ace, family for the first time for the Passover celebration. Everything changes when he discovers his ex, Seth, is one of Ace's oldest friends. Dare and Seth, who had parted ways as enemies, are now forced to try to get along for Ace and for Ace's parents. With friends and family joining together for dinner to celebrate this Spring ritual, braving the plagues of Exodus, Dare has to ride out the waves of miscommunication and understanding, discomfort and pleasure if he wants to have a chance of saving their future together.




I was so happy to read this book because I love this couple, and I loved Opening Day so much, I just knew this one would live up to my expectations, and boy it did and then some!

This book is more than a story, for me it was a lesson in Jewish Culture, which I wasn't very familiar with. The culture and customs were explained in a way where it fit into the book, and didn't feel like a lesson at all, great job Alexis!

Dare and Ace have been dating a little while, and they are crazy about each other, but do they know everything about each other? When Dare meets one of Ace's closest friends from childhood his past and a bad situation he was once in is thrust into the forefront, and Dare tries to handle it well for the sake of Ace.

Ace tries to come to terms with the shock he has gotten when he learns something he never thought he would about his friend Seth! He is cursing the small world he apparently lives in ;), but his main concern is making the Passover bearable for Dare. 

This is a wonderful story about when your past and present collide and how you will handle it! I highly recommend this series, I know you will love Dare and Ace as much as I do! Thanks Alexis, for making me fall even more in love with your boys! :)


                                                   the 5 Star of David rating :)

I REALLY HAD TO DO THAT RATING HUH? HERE ARE THE BUY LINKS:

ARe BUY LINK

SMASHWORDS BUY LINK

AMAZON BUY LINK

YOU REALLY GOTTA HAVE THIS ONE PEOPLE, HERE IS AN EXCERPT FOR YOU!

“Seth! Man, how the hell are you?” Jake yelled toward the front door. Ace whipped his head around to see who Jake was calling to.

   “Damn,” Ace muttered, the smile fading from his face. “Excuse me just a moment, Darren.” He walked over to bar and placed his hand on Seth’s shoulder. They exchanged surprised hellos and hugs. A gangly young boy trailed in Seth’s wake. As I watched the exchange, I felt a tug of recognition. I’d dated a Seth a few years back, just after I’d graduated, and this friend of Ace’s looked a lot like him. He’d had a five-year-old son from a failed first marriage—Owen, if I remembered correctly.

   “Uncle Aaron,” the boy said.

   “Owen! Look at you!” Ace replied. Shit, mystery solved. I wondered how this would play out. Guess I might as well find out. I got up and joined the group.

   “Darren,” he put his arm around my waist. “I’d like to introduce you to—”

   “Seth,” I said, cutting him off, and returning Ace’s embrace.

   “Darren,” Seth breathed out, eyes locked on Ace and I standing together. We stared at each other a moment, and then I turned to Aaron. He was wide-eyed and gaping at us.

   “You know each other?”

   “Yeah. I guess you could say that.” Seth replied. “We worked together at South Kingston Memorial.”

   “We did more than work, Seth,” was my blunt response.


   OH CRAPOLA! YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS ;) HERE IS THE LINK TO MY REVIEW OF OPENING DAY SO YOU CAN START THIS SERIES FROM THE BEGINNING:

MY REVIEW OF OPENING DAY

THANKS FOR JOINING ME FOR MY REVIEW OF EVADING EXODUS, YOU WILL LOVE THIS BOOK AND THE FIRST ONE TOO!



No comments:

Post a Comment