LOVE HAS NO EXPIRATION REVIEW


HELLO AGAIN FRIENDS, I AM BACK WITH ANOTHER SHORT STORY IN THE 'NEVER TOO LATE' ANTHOLOGY BY DREAMSPINNER PRESS! LOVE HAS NO EXPIRATION BY C.S. POE IS A STELLAR SHORT STORY AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SHARE IT WITH YOU: I HAVE MY REVIEW, THE SALES LINKS, AND EVEN A SHORT EXCERPT, SO LET'S GET GOING!


I LOVE THIS QUOTE FOR DANIEL, AT LEAST WHEN IT COMES TO DATING ;)
HERE IS MY REVIEW:


                                        Love Has No Expiration by: C.S. Poe
                                                                     reviewed by: Becky

There’s more to life than work, and love has no expiration, even for those approaching their forty-fifth birthday.

Daniel Richards is a private chef in New York City who has committed over a decade to his skills and passion. He has carved out a name for himself in the industry and has bookings for parties and dinners months in advance. Now that he’s in his midforties, however, he’s come to the realization that he’s lonely and desperate for companionship. Two days before Valentine’s Day, he meets Keith Maxwell at a farmer’s market and can’t keep the much younger man out of his thoughts. Keith is eager and willing to take a chance with someone older, but Daniel’s reluctance stops Keith’s every attempt. Worried his career will suffer if he dedicates time to a serious romance, or that Keith won’t be satisfied with someone so much older, Daniel nearly thwarts his own attempts at finding happiness.



Oh my my my, only one book in and I already love this authors style! The flow of the book is seamless, and a complete joy to read! This is a short that packs a lot of punch in a few pages, and that is how a short should be!

Daniel is married to his job, plain and simple,but lately he has been lonely and wondering if he shouldn't start dating, even as he thinks this it shocks him when he actually shows interest in a man he meets at the farmers market, a much younger man! When Daniel decides to curb his loneliness in the form of a furry friend, who should he see again but Keith!

Keith is a hardworking guy who takes an instant shine to Daniel, and doesn't care how much older he is. He would love to get to know him, but will Daniel lower his walls long enough for Keith to come in, or will he keep saying he is lonely, but do nothing about it? 

This is a great one friends, don't miss it! It is one of those books you will just think about and smile after you read it! Thanks C.S., for making the first work I read of yours a special experience indeed!

                                                     the 5 asparagus rating :)

I HAD TO DO THE ASPARAGUS RATING BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE IT ALL BEGAN! :p, HERE ARE THE DREAMSPINNER BUY LINK AND THE AMAZON BUY LINK: GRAB THIS BOOK, YOU WILL LOVE IT!



MAKE SURE TO USE THOSE LINKS FRIENDS! HERE IS A SHORT EXCERPT:

The main course I had crafted for them was a seared duck breast with a spicy apple chutney, wild rice pilaf with toasted pecans, and a side of grilled asparagus. Asparagus. “Shit,” I muttered, pocketing the phone and turning back toward the vegetable stalls I had walked by prior. The winter daylight was fading fast, and already several vendors were beginning to pack up. Stopping beside one table, I scanned the cabbage heads and bins of fresh beets. “Asparagus?” I asked hopefully. The young man, who stood on the other side, bundled up to keep warm, raised his face from his scarf and grinned. “No, I’m Keith.”

 I stupidly stood there, mouth half-open in a failed attempt to respond. Taking it as a cue for him to continue, the man pulled his hands from his pockets and motioned to the table. “I’m sure if you take a good look, something will turnip!” He laughed suddenly. “Get it? Turnip? Turn up?” What a stupid—I started to laugh, despite myself. “Yeah. I get it.” “Oh, good!” Keith said. He reached down under the table and lifted up a bin. “Lettuce see what we can find!” I stared at him instead of the produce. Tall, broad shouldered, brown hair sticking out from under his hat, and with gorgeous eyes to match. He had a smile that was brighter than the Empire State Building at night. “Sorry,” he laughed. “It’s a fun way to pass the time.” “Thinking up vegetable puns?” “I haven’t figured out one for kale yet,” Keith replied. He held my gaze for an extra heartbeat before speaking.

 What was that? I know that I’m horribly, hilariously out of practice with guys, but did he just give me The Look? This hunk, who had to be half my age, was checking me out? Hell no. I had checked him out, though. My heart did one of those quick skips that told my brain I was quickly succumbing to the charms of a vegetable seller on a Tuesday night. “Are—you okay?” Keith asked. “What? Yes,” I quickly said. “Kale you believe it?” Keith cocked his head to the side before he started laughing. “That’s good! I like it! Can I borrow it?” “Knock yourself out,” I responded

TOLD YA I HAD A REASON FOR THE ASPARAGUS RATING 'CORN-Y' AS IT MAY BE (GOD THAT WAS BAD! I WILL LEAVE THE VEGETABLE PUNS TO KEITH)! THANKS FOR JOINING ME FOR MY REVIEW OF 'LOVE HAS NO EXPIRATION', SEE YOU NEXT TIME FRIENDS!


No comments:

Post a Comment