PURE INNOCENCE RELEASE DAY REVIEW!!


IT'S FINALLY HERE, IT'S RELEASE DAY FOR PURE INNOCENCE, AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER TO BE BRINGING YOU MY RELEASE DAY REVIEW! I LOVE THIS SERIES, BUT MORE THAN THAT I BELIEVE IN THIS AUTHOR AND YOU WILL LOVE WHAT SHE HAS DONE WITH THIS BOOK! I HAVE MY REVIEW, LINKS, AN EXCERPT AND  AUTHOR LINKS FOR YOU, SO LET'S GET TO IT:



OH THIS IS THE PERFECT QUOTE FOR THIS AMAZING STORY (YOU CAN BET THIS IS GONNA BE A LOVE FEST FRIENDS :p) HERE IS MY REVIEW:


                          Pure Innocence (Pure Series #3) by: Victoria Sue
                                                                  reviewed by: Becky


They’d finally caught the madman who had been kidnapping, torturing and murdering submissives. Damon had knelt in that warehouse, clutching Oliver, the boy barely alive, and somehow in the weeks that followed Damon never seemed to be able to let him go.
Oliver is broken, in body, mind, and spirit. And for the first time since he brought him home from the hospital, Damon starts to question himself. Is he going to be enough for Oliver? If he can somehow find all the pieces of Oliver’s broken soul, will he be able to mend them? Or have the horrors that ripped through Oliver left too many holes for Damon to repair? And finally, if he tries and fails to put Oliver back together, will Damon be able to stop his own heart from shattering in the process?




When I read Pure, the first book in this series, I didn't know how the author was going to top it, same goes with Pure Indulgence, well Victoria Sue soared to new heights with this one let me tell you! This book will tug on your heart strings, and shoot right to the top of your re-read list!

Oliver was tortured for weeks and went through things no one should ever have to, but Oliver has a spirit that will humble you, and though he wants to give up and give in to the pain, he never does and he fights to survive, like he has had to most of his life. While in captivity he even helps Adam, who was kidnapped and held with him until they are rescued.

Damon rescued Oliver and he doesn't know why, but something about the boy with the bandaged hands and bruised heart speaks to him, and he wants to help. He becomes responsible for Oliver's care and is rewarded with trust from the boy who thought he would never be able to trust again.

As trust grows, so do feelings, but  will a misunderstanding and someone who wants Damon and Oliver not to work keep them apart? You want to read this one people, you will be shattered and put back together again with this story of hope, redemption, and a brave boy who won't give up!

Thank you Victoria, for giving us a series that is so fresh and innovative, while speaking to our hearts with the sweet boys of Pure!

                                                     the 5 Oliver Twist rating :)

I CHOSE THIS RATING BECAUSE THIS BOOK IS IMPORTANT TO THIS STORY! HERE ARE THE LINKS, USE 'EM FRIENDS :)




NOW FOR AN EXCERPT :

Oliver hadn’t realized he was crying when Damon came back, until Damon wiped his face with his finger. He gulped a breath. “Sorry. I’m sorry.”
“What for now?”
“I can leave. They’ve taken the bandages off now. I’ll—”
Damon shook his head. “We need to go over this again, boy, don’t we?”
Oliver raised his face. “You call me that, but I’m not, am I?”
Damon tilted his head. “Do you want to be?”
Oliver mumbled and glanced down again. Damon held his chin. “Oliver, look at me please.” Oliver raised his eyes to those warm grey ones. “Do you want to be my boy?”
Oliver nodded, then shook his head. “I’m broken. I could never be anyone’s boy. And I can’t be hurt.” Oliver lifted his chin as he spoke those bald, bare words. He stripped them of every emotion. Damon had to understand. If he was going to throw him away, it was better sooner than later. “Ever. I can’t be hurt ever again.”
Damon stood up and took two strides to the window. He turned his back and Oliver shrank. It was coming, he’d finally tipped him over the edge. His heart, so fragile for so long, was going to finally break in two. Oliver looked wildly around the room. He had to get out of here.
“Apart from being too slow to catch the bastard that did this, what did I ever do wrong to you?” Damon sounded so hurt.
Oliver’s mouth dropped as his mind crowded with Damon’s words. Bewildered, he shook his head. “You didn’t do anything to me.”
Damon turned. “Then why would you just insult me by thinking for one second I would imagine you to be in any head space where you would think either I would hurt you, or that you would find it pleasurable? Or worse, that I would?” Damon’s grey eyes flashed in anger. “I have repeatedly told you why you are here, boy. I do not lie, unless it’s a cover story I have to make up for my job. I haven’t lied to you since I untied you from that cross. Either you decide, right now, you can trust me, or I will arrange for the doctors to transfer you to a private nursing home. You will receive excellent professional care and it won’t cost you a penny. You will still be visited by the same people you would have been visited by before.” Damon’s mouth twisted on the last words. “I am sorry, Oliver. I have failed you again. I don’t know any other way of making you feel safe.”
Before Oliver could even think of a reply, in four strides, Damon was out of the bedroom and had closed the door behind him.

YEP, IT'S THAT GOOD, YOU WANNA READ IT RIGHT? I TOTALLY DON'T BLAME YOU ;), HERE ARE SOME OF VICTORIA'S LINKS TO GET IN TOUCH:



THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR JOINING ME FOR THIS RELEASE DAY REVIEW FRIENDS! I BELIEVE IN THIS SERIES, THIS BOOK, AND THIS AUTHOR, AND YOU WILL TOO! 


No comments:

Post a Comment