SAVING SEBASTIAN RELEASE DAY REVIEW & CHARACTER INTERVIEW!!


HELLO FRIENDS, TODAY I HAVE QUITE A POST FOR YOU! IN ADDITION TO MY RELEASE DAY REVIEW OF SAVING SEBASTIAN, A CATHARSIS NOVEL:  CUSTOS SECURITIES #3 BY LUNA DAVID: I ALSO HAVE A CHARACTER INTERVIEW WITH GIDEON AND SEBASTIAN! SO LET'S GET TO IT! 



THIS QUOTE IS SIMPLE BUT PERFECT, IT IS IN HONOR OF A LESSON SEBASTIAN HAS TO LEARN IN THIS STORY. 

Saving Sebastian
A Catharsis Novel
Custos Securities #3
by: Luna David
reviewed by: Becky

Gideon McCade—weighed down by memories of his previous life as a Navy SEAL and a CIA agent—has blood on his hands. He turns to his BDSM club, Catharsis, and Dominating submissives to get him through the daily grind of civilian life. Knowing his past is too much to inflict on a life partner, he keeps his connections brief and superficial. When his former life comes back to haunt him, his desire for revenge pulls him back into the shadows, darkening his hopes for a future in the light.

Temporarily sidelining his career as a tattoo artist, Sebastian Phillips works as a composite artist for the local police department. To alleviate the inescapable burden of a congenital medical condition, he immerses himself in his art and seeks the catharsis of submission. But with life weighing heavily on his shoulders and darkness encroaching, he yearns for a contract with a Dominant that sees past the protective barriers he’s erected to the vulnerable submissive within.

When happenstance brings Gideon and Sebastian together, their connection is undeniable. The knowledge that they are both too damaged to form permanent bonds of love causes them to rely on an impersonal contract to fulfil their physical needs. But staying emotionally detached becomes impossible, and breaking their contract seems the only option. Will Gideon’s need for vengeance and Sebastian’s declining health destroy what’s grown between them, or will they help each other find their way back into the light?



I have been waiting for this book for what seems like forever, and Luna made the wait worth it and then some! I knew Sebastian's story would be gut wrenching from what little we had of him in Braden's story, but this book will take you through the emotional wringer! It is so worth it though! 

Sebastian has a hard time making real friends because he has a hard time letting people in, will he meet the Dom that can change all that? Will Sebastian confide in Gideon and his friends before it's too late? 

Gideon sees the perfect submissive in Sebastian, but that is all he wants, he makes clear to Sebastian that he doesn't do relationships, but what if his heart feels different? Can he convince Sebastian that love is worth taking a chance on? Or will Gideon figure things out too late? 

This is a must read friends, along with the rest of the series! You will be so glad you spent time with Sebastian and Gideon! 

                                                 the 5 Chocolate Milk Rating :P

HAHA, HOW COULD I NOT DO THIS RATING! GRAB THE BOOK BELOW AND SEE WHY!!


NOW IT'S TIME FOR THE INTERVIEW!! THIS WAS A BLAST AND WE HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY IT!!

Bec- Hey, guys, thanks for answering my questions, they won't be too painful, I promise :). 

Gideon: *sprawled back in his chair, legs spread, arm behind his boy, gripping Sebastian’s neck* Hi, Bec. We’re happy to be here.
Sebastian: *smiles shyly, gives a little finger wave, curves his body closer to Gideon’s* Hi.

1.      This is for you both, how did you come into the D/S world? Did you find it was something you always needed? 
Gideon: *Gideon glances at his boy and kisses him on the temple*
Sebastian: *glances up at his Dom and nods as unspoken permission was granted* Uh, well, I was in college and working part time at a tattoo studio. The owner was a Dom and I got involved with him. He basically said if I wanted to be in a relationship with him, I needed to be trained as a submissive. I was a little resentful at first, but when I went through my training, I realized it had been what was missing for me. It felt like coming home.
Gideon: *gently clasps the back of Sebastian’s head, as his boy rests it on his shoulder* I started right after Hell Week of my BUD/S SEAL training. It was a nearly impossible week of grueling physical tests and if you pass through the training successfully, they allow you a bit of leave. There was a BDSM club not far from the dive bar everyone frequented on a regular basis. A couple of my teammates had mentioned it, so I told them I was going to check it out. *Gideon chuckles at himself* They wouldn’t let me in. I had to fill out an application to be allowed through the doors. They probably got a lot of military guys in and out of those doors trying to see what was what. I filled it out right then and there and had a tour of the club that night. Started my Dom training there, as I continued my SEAL training on base. *grins* I never did go back to that dive bar.
Sebastian: *pulls away, mouth dropped open* Really?
Gideon: *smirks* Really.
Sebastian: Why didn’t I know this?
Gideon: *shrugs* I dunno. We’re backwards, remember?
Sebastian: *shakes his head, muttering* So backwards.

Bec- If this is backwards, who the hell wants to go forward! Thanks for that answer, it was great! 

2.      This one is for Sebastian: When did you know that you and Braden would be great friends? 
Sebastian: *rubs his hand up and down Gideon’s thigh, bites his bottom lip and smiles, glancing at Gideon* So, I helped Braden with the composite sketch for his stalker a long time ago. And when I first got to his place that night, Zavier answered the door. I, um, well… I was kind of in awe of him, really. I think my mouth dropped open.
Gideon: *growls like a bear*
Sebastian: *snickers* Well, I mean, I DID confuse the two of you the first time I met you, Sir. You guys look like you could be twins at first glance. So anyway, that night, I told him to take his clothes off.
Gideon: The fuck?! *growls again* I’m gonna to kill my brother. What the hell, boy?!
Sebastian: *doubles over laughing* Your face, Sir. OMG! *can’t stop laughing*
Gideon: *leans in and whispers* Your ass is gonna be red for days. The punishment fits the crime, boy.
Sebastian: *squirms in his seat, clears throat* Yes, Sir. *glances up at Bec, grins and winks* So, anyway, we hit it off that night, over our mutual attraction to all things McCade.
Gideon: *pinches the bridge of his nose and shakes his head* Jesus, Bastian.
Sebastian: *snickers* Hey, I asked Braden if Zavier had brothers. It was meant to be, Sir.
Gideon: *grunts* You’re not getting out of this punishment, boy.
Sebastian: Promises, promises. *clears throat again* Sorry, Bec. Um, so anyway, we kind of hit it off but I didn’t see him again until I did Nana’s composite sketch. But it was like we’d been friends for years. It’s always felt completely natural for us to be very close. There’s something just so warm and welcoming about Braden. Hard not to love him. We’re alike in so many ways and I’m so grateful for his friendship.

Bec- (looks from Sebastion to Gideon and back again) This interview is so much fun, I don't ever want it to end! Yes, Braden does seem like he would be a wonderful friend to have..as do Zoe, and you! :)

3.      Gideon: You have a close family, do you think that has impacted the way you interact in the BSDM world?

Gideon:  Hmm, yeah, I definitely think it shapes my behavior in that respect. I haven’t thought of it that way, but I can’t deny it. My family is military at its core. Even those in the family that weren’t in the military themselves, grew up with it as part of their every day. My father was in the military, his father as well. My mom’s dad was too, and her mom was an army nurse. From an early age, we were taught to protect those that needed protection, to respect others, to follow rules, to follow through, to be dependable. My family is also loyal and loving and I grew up in a household where my father was involved in every aspect of our lives, even if he was overseas, he would make regular contact. So, I grew up having parents that really showed me what was right and wrong. I think all of that can be tied into my interactions within the BDSM community. Being a Dominant was completely natural for me. The most important thing in my world is my boy. Everything I do is for him. A huge part of that is protection, but there’s also respect, loyalty, and love. It all ties in. It was like that with past submissives for me as well. I was never in love with any of them, until Bastian, but for all of my submissives, respecting limits, protection, following the contract, etc. It’s ingrained. Owning my club and protecting the subs there, ensuring I am providing an atmosphere of mutual respect. It’s all part of it, for me.

Bec- Thank you, I love this answer and would expect nothing less! :)

4.      This one you both can answer: Do you plan to have any more pets :) (had to ask that one, lol)
Gideon: *snorts, shakes his head and rubs his face with his free hand*
Sebastian: *pulls back from Gideon, an incredulous look on his face* What?
Gideon: What do you mean, what? Tell her.
Sebastian: Tell her what?
Gideon: *raises a brow and stares his boy down*
Sebastian: *huffs* We’re not gonna get any. We can’t. Not where we live. We’d have to own land.
Gideon: *raises brow*
Sebastian: *crosses arms over his chest* I love pygmy goats. But we can’t own them. They need the outdoors and special care and all that. But they’re so cute!
Gideon: *clears throat* Don’t stop there.
Sebastian: *huffs again* I love turtles of all kinds. I want a turtle aquarium. I might put one in the studio, I dunno if Slap and Tickle would mess with it at home.
Gideon: *coughs* I thought you were gonna tell her about your love of hedgehogs.
Sebastian: *gasps* Hedgehogs! They’re so cute! *grumbles* But they take a lot of time and attention and we’re too busy for that.
Gideon: *raises a brow at Bec* Check back with us in a year or so.

Bec- Haha, something told me I would get an answer like this, but the goats were a surprise! :P

5.      Sebastian: What is the hardest part about trusting a DOM to take care of your needs?
Sebastian: *turns towards Gideon and glances back at Bec* *hitches his thumb at his Dom* He’s proven himself from day one. From the moment I met him, what he did to help me the night before and from that moment on, I felt at ease with him. I was more nervous that I wasn’t nervous about him. There’s a low-level hum I feel when I’m around him. It’s magnetic. I don’t know how else to describe my reaction to him but I felt at ease with him immediately. Before we even signed the contract, he was all about my needs. But in general, the hardest part for me, before Sir, was opening myself up enough to allow them to know what I wanted, what I needed. Communication is key and if you’re guarded, like I was, you can’t expect a Dom to read your mind and just know. It doesn’t work like that. You have to communicate your wants and needs and if that’s a hard thing for you to do, it will be hard to make the kind of connection you want, to get your needs met.

Bec- Yeah I guess if the connection wasn't there in a D/S relationship then trust might be a factor too. Great answer! 

Thanks you guys, this has been so much fun, I can't wait for people to read your story and connect with it like I did! 

THANKS FOR JOINING ME FOR MY RELEASE DAY REVIEW AND INTERVIEW! THIS WAS A BLAST AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT, AND DON'T FORGET TO GRAB THIS BOOK! 




No comments:

Post a Comment