YANNI'S STORY: GUEST REVIEWED BY AMY!!


HEY FRIENDS! I AM SO EXCITED TO BE HERE WITH MY GIRL AMY'S REVIEW OF YANNI'S STORY, THE LATEST BOOK IN THE SPENCER COHEN SERIES BY N.R. WALKER! I READ THIS SERIES ON THE RECOMMENDATION OF AMY, AND BOY WAS SHE RIGHT, THESE BOOKS ARE AMAZING! YANNI'S STORY WILL BRING YOU TO YOUR KNEES THEN MAKE YOU FLY! LET'S SEE WHAT AMY HAS TO SAY!!



I LOVE THIS QUOTE! HERE IS AMY'S REVIEW: 


Yanni's Story 
The Spencer Cohen Series
N.R. Walker
reviewed by: Amy

When Yanni Tomaras is kicked out of his family home, his parents’ final words are religious insults and an order to never return. Homeless and desperate, he’s lured in by Lance—charming on the outside, an evil predator underneath—who abuses Yanni until he finds the courage to leave.

Yanni should feel free. But by the time Spencer Cohen finds him, he’s resigned to being handed back to Lance and once again being caged by fear.


Starting school and a part-time job, Yanni begins to reclaim his life. But a love for silent films leads him to Peter Hannikov, a man with a kind heart but who’s twice his age. An unlikely friendship between them blooms into so much more. Neither man knows what he wants, at first. Finding out exactly what he needs is Yanni’s story.


“I’d spent years as a bird, caged with my wings clipped, tormented and beaten.
I thought I’d escaped when I’d left my abuser, but in hindsight, I could see that I was still caged, this time by fear and self-doubt.


Spencer and Andrew, and Andrew’s parents, opened the door to the cage that confined me.
But it was Peter who taught me how to fly.”





I loved the Spencer Cohen series so much and was thrilled when I heard NR Walker was going to write Yanni's story,  I'm sure all of us wanted to see Yanni get his HEA! Let me tell you, you will not be disappointed, this book was fantastic!!!!

Yanni was homeless, living on the streets until one man took him in and gave him a home, clothes, hot water and a warm bed.   Things were better now, it had been rough since his parents threw him out and he was left with nothing.  But Lance wasn't all about love and happiness, he wanted control over Yanni, he beat him, had strict rules for him and consequences.  The last beating had been his breaking point and Yanni left with only his backpack and the clothes he brought with him.  Spencer Cohen found him and helped save his life. 

Peter had been in a relationship but something wasn't right.  Hiring Spencer to find out what his boyfriend had been up to may have confirmed him cheating but this also led to meeting Yanni.  Their love of Charlie Chaplin movies brought them together as friends and over the weeks and months they slowly let their friendship turn into more. 

Peter is there for Yanni through the good and the bad, friendship turns to love.  This amazing journey for Yanni to become stronger, to learn how to be him again, to learn how to trust and to find a family that loves him for who he is.   Peter is his home, the home of his heart! 

“He was my safety, the cage in which I was safe to fly".




I am so thankful to read this ARC, you have to read this book!!!   So many feels!!!   I would give this book many, many stars, or 5 rainbow hearts, because out of the darkness comes the light, the love and a rainbow of color! 


I COULDN'T AGREE WITH THIS REVIEW MORE, GREAT JOB AMY! IF YOU WANNA SEE WHAT AMY AND I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH GRAB IT BELOW!!

AMAZON BUY LINK

THANKS FOR JOINING US FOR AMY'S REVIEW OF YANNI'S STORY! YOU JUST GOTTA BUY THIS BOOK :p! SEE YOU NEXT TIME! 



No comments:

Post a Comment